Sunday, February 14, 2010

Moutains then the Beach








Just a quick post, since I haven't done this in awhile. I suppose it's better to have started a blog and posted something then to never log my thoughts, experiences, joys and frustrations. Of course, I don't think I've complained yet, but there's always that possibility.

Anyway, here is the experience. Yesterday we went up towards Mountain High to go play in the snow. It was very casual, so we got a late start. Mia wasn't too keen on the idea, but Grace and Sarah were looking forward to sledding and making a snowman. Once we got up there it took a little while to find a place to park and play. Eventually the girls had a blast sledding, playing in the snow, and building a snowman. Mia ended up having a good time. She struggled walking around the snow at first, but loved sledding with Tracey and even went down on her own a couple of times.

Today we went down to Balboa and rode our bikes along the boardwalk. We rode all the way down to Newport Pier and then ate some ice cream and frozen bananas. Grace and Sarah did a great job cruising along the busy sidewalk. It was relatively crash free, one little slide in a sandy section, but no scraped knees or hands. When we were walking along Balboa Pier, the sun was setting and the view of Catalina was awesome.

The drive down there was nerve wracking with the bikes strapped to the back of the van. My bike tires sat pretty low and actually hit the road when I pulled into the Woody's Diner parking lot. No damage because everything flexed up, but it's time for a bike hitch.

I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've been in the snow one day, and then at the beach the very next day.
I almost forgot, apparently we were on Private Property in the mountains. Didn't see the sign until we were leaving.

No comments: