Friday, September 24, 2010

Ripple Effect

Elliott is eating lunch with Claudia and the giraffes (Jazmin & Daniella). I know this means nothing to you, but to me it means that the full inclusion classes that Maizel and I taught have opened up friendships that would not have otherwise been possible. Just a little side note. Last weekend at church I was thinking about how much I need to blog all of these different things that have happened in the last year, but I wasn't sure if I should use actual names. If I don't use names though I'll forget. So, I'm using names, if you somehow read the random blog and you think this is a bad idea, then tell me. If I'm talking about you and you think I should use an alias let me know. I'm documenting for me more than anything else. So brace yourself. :) Or not. That sounds really ominous, and again no one else reads a blog that's updated every six months.

So back to using names. Elliott is one of the students that has been identified as having moderate to severe learning disabilities. To me he's just another kid with a big heart that wants to learn and doesn't want to disappoint anybody. His phrase last year was "I'm sorry." As in "I'm sorry, Mr. Anderson...I'm sorry, Justin." Usually there was no reason for him to be sorry. I'll never forget his presentation last year with Marty. He drew the most incredible drawings in their presentations.

No comments: